Noticed that the handguard is lopsided by as much as half an inch...yuck.
Built it up with some scrap foamcore board and hot glue.
Then covered it in bondo. *Gloop*
Lots more sanding and patching have been going on.
I tried out some primer, but it wasn't nearly as sandable as I had expected. Note to self: never buy non-sandable primer again.
After 6 months off-and-on-again work, it still feels like it hasn't really progressed much. I decided to treat myself by painting her black, just to get a feel for what she'll look like. Not worried about the mottled texture. The paint honestly doesn't do the gun much good at this stage, but it's good for my fragile psyche.
Still needs the dorsal bump, and got some more shaping to do, especially in the handguard and buttstock sections. Dying to get to the fiberglassing stage though.